increased costs brought on by
failure to pre-deploy, reassign
or protect resources in a timely fashion
ImpactWeather Inc., (impactweather.com), operates a 24/7, state-of-the-art weather forecasting operations center providing severe weather notification, specialized forecasting, online customized video forecast services to a steadily growing number of onshore industrial clients and offshore marine operations, as well as several segments of the retail, power and energy markets. Investment in our personnel, computational capabilities and software tools is our #1 priority.
ImpactWeather, Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for possible future positions and occasional summer internships in our MarineWatch, TropicsWatch and StormWatch departments.
There are currently no open positions.
Postions we are typically looking to fill as the need arises.
- Monitor weather for potential or active severe weather for marine-based clients subscribing to MarineWatch services.
- Issue Color-Coded Severe Weather Alerts, Forecasts and Threat Assessments to marine clients across the world in a timely and accurate manner. Current forecast regions include the U.S. East and West Coasts, Gulf of Mexico, South China Sea, West Africa, Brazil and the Caribbean Sea with an ever-growing worldwide marine forecasting presence.
- Effectively lead meteorological discussions with clients via conference calls, whether a scheduled daily briefing or a special short-notice discussion initiated by the client.
- Capable of providing on-site weather support to clients, onshore and/or offshore.
- Interpret and analyze satellite, radar, model data, surface/upper-air observations, etc.
- Issue daily tropical outlooks for the Atlantic, Pacific and Indian Oceans.
- Issue tropical cyclone forecasts for the Atlantic Basin including track forecasts, site forecasts, text bulletins, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of tropical-cyclone related streaming videos.
- Know and understand client-specific tropical weather threats and effectively communicate those risks via email and phone.
- Need an understanding of tropical cyclone meteorology, including knowledge of formation, strength, evolution and steering of tropical cyclones.
- 2+ years of experience with tropical cyclone forecasting preferred.
- Monitor weather for potential or active severe weather for land-based clients subscribing to StormWatch services.
- Issue Color-Coded Severe Weather Alerts, Forecasts and Severe Weather Outlooks to land-based clients across the country in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create graphics depicting potential hazardous weather areas out to 10 days.
- Effectively lead meteorological discussions with clients via phone calls, whether a scheduled daily briefing or a special short-notice discussion initiated by the client.
Requirements for Meteorologist Positions
- B.S. in Meteorology or Atmospheric Science or equivalent military training.
- Windows PC, MS Office, Linux. GARP and UNIX desirable.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
ImpactWeather, Inc. offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are interested in applying for one or more of these positions, please forward your resume in MS Word format to email@example.com.
ImpactWeather, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.